Its one thing to charge a company $4,000 to move equipment 500ft but it is a whole different rip off when you sneak in a contract extension and rate increase at the same time. In early September Global Elements was moving to its new location in the same complex in unit 204, a double sized unit that would allow for continued growth. Earlier that year we had switched over to Megapath from a different carrier of high speed internet and Voip phone service. Megapath was not our first pick for service providers, the reviews were mixed but under the much hesitation we decided to give them a shot. After taking 2 weeks to get everything installed we were forced to pay both bills in one month which was not part of the original deal but because Megapath was understaffed it took them much longer to get to us and install the equipment. It didn’t stop them from billing us and when we refused to pay for the service we had not yet received we were threatened with late fees.
The day of the move was hectic to say the least, when you move half a million dollar equipment you take your time and do it right. At the same time ( on time ) megapath was on location preparing to switch over our boxes. The process took less than 2 hours and most of that was the technician talking on the phone about unrelated topics. After uninstalling all equipment he proceeded to install in our new location, 30 min later the technician hands us a work order and explains that it simply states that we moved the equipment and that all the phones and internet are working. Np we tested right there and he handed me a pen, I signed, taking his word that it was what he said it was. The following month we receive a bill for equipment that the technician un-installed from our previous location a whopping $600 in missing equipment was being charged to us. We looked over everything the tech brought from our previous location but were unable to locate it. The trouble with this scenario is that their technician was the one responsible for uninstalling all the equipment and loaded what was not needed directly into his personal vehicle. There was little we could do, it was our word against his and they took the side of their tech. The following month we got hit again for an additional $850.00 that was our new rate hike!
After countless calls and disputes from October 2013 to now we have called and complained about the service and lack of integrity. Countless representatives have acknowledged the injustice.
We still await a credit or account adjustment.